DUSTKILL is a soybean based dust suppressant. This agricultural product is completely biodegradable. Soybean oil is a more effective alternative to the traditional dust suppressants, calcium and magnesium chloride. Calcium and magnesium chloride are both water soluable. When it rains, they dissolve, and run-off could end up in your ground water.
When soybean oil is applied, it penetrates inches below the road's surface and "bonds" with the bed material of the surface, and forms a protective shield for the road. This protective coating not only controls dust, but also stabilizes the road material so grading is required less frequently. This "bond" also reduces the pulverization of the raod therefore reducing the need for additional loads of gravel each year.
Clearly Superior To Other Suppressants
Unlike petroleum based dust control methods, soybean oil is biodegradable and will not contaminate water supplies. Additionally, soybean oil is non-corrosive and washes off easily with soap and water.
What Does This Mean To You
It means long-term savings in road and maintenance. It means protecting the environment by making use of one of our most abundant and renewable American resources. So, if you're looking for a safe, cost effective, non-toxic, environmentally friendly way to keep road dust down, this should settle it!
Quick and Easy Application, and Great Performance. That's what you can expect from soybean oil.
Soybean oil is Good for Your Community
Not only does soybean oil control dust ... it also does a great job for your community:
- Soybean oil is biodegradable, unlike many other dust control agents that can migrate and contaminate surrounding soil and water.
- Soybean oil is locally grown and produced. When you use soybean oil, you're supporting the agricultural community.
- Soybean oil is a renewable American resource. It's not only good for the environment today, it can keep working for you for years to come.
Even in high-traffic areas where semi-trailers and school buses kick up clouds of dust, soybean oil does the job. Soybean oil penetrates the road surface to a depth of one inch, binding loose gravel to the limestone dust and forming a compacted surface.
- Road surfaces need only light grading prior to application.
- Soybean oil is non-corrosive to metals and cleans up quickly with liquid soap.
Soybean oil is a hardworking dust supressant. It is extremely cost-effective:
- One application of soybean oil holds road gravel in place through a long, dry summer into late fall, meaning big savings in labor and equipment wear and tear.
- Using soybean oil eliminates road grading, further reducing your labor and equipment expenses.
- In subsequent years, you may be able to eliminate an application or reduce the rate of the first year without loss in dust control.
- Unpaved Roads
- Gravel Roads
- Construction Sites
- Truck Terminals
- Steel Mills
- Generating Stations
- Federal Parks
- State Parks
- Community Parks
- Lumber Yards
- Saw Mills
- Commercial Parking Lots
- Railroad Yards
- Equipment Storage Areas
- Dirt Race Tracks
- Horse Tracks
- Access Roads
- Outdoor Horse Arenas
- Indoor Horse Arenas
- Residential Parking Areas
- Equipment Storage Areas